7.02.2013

A few of my favorite things #7 - Sites to see


My top picks on the www!


It's been a while since my last post and to start things off let's do another "A few of my favorite things post" :D

ohhh.. aaaaand it's also my first post as didilights, le'ts make this a good one! ;)


Alternative to Google Reader

#1 Feedly


Today marks the 2nd day of the death of Google Reader... :( *tear* but fret not! There are lots of better options out there. Sure it won't have the simple interface that the old reader had... because it's so much more interesting and useful. My first choice out of all of the new readers out there would be feedly.com.



This is a view of my page :)

The shift from Google Reader to Feedly was seamless and the interface looks and feels pretty much the same except that Feedly has more to offer in terms of how you prefer to see your feeds. It's easy to use and I've been able to keep my reading time down since I could browse through snippets of the whole post to decide whether or not I would want to read the whole post. This has saved me from one too many uninteresting reads.

So make the switch if you havn't already. You'll be glad you did~!





#2 Blogger


Since opening a Blogger account in 2007 my post and blog designs have changed over the years. But one thing for sure is that I am hooked to Blogger. From barely not knowing how to blog and just posts of my random thoughts the content of the blog didligths.blogspot.com (formerly bearlyawake) has evolved into a pool of many different things. It now hosts things I'd like to share and about my view of the world as I've been blessed to live it. These would not have taken off had it not been for the user friendly interface of blogger.

It's easy to use AND it's free!

Blogger has been a venue chosen by a lot of bloggers already and I would guess that the service must be pretty good from their following. It was only just about a year and a half ago that discovered the ease of which one can make a pretty decent blog with just a little time and elbow grease. Sure it's not as sleek and shiny as wordpress, but this is just the way I like it, organic and a little gritty just like playdoh that you mold with your hands. And that was the beginning of a wonderful story that is my blog. :)

Proud to be blogging it through blogger!



#3 Teach with Joy
 

I first saw teachwithjoy.com as a repost from a friend in Facebook. At first I just glossed over it thinking that because it was a blog about a mom who homeschools, that it would not be applicable to me in my lifestage now. That thougth changed as I began to frequently read through her posts. I would find myself thinking that I want to emulate the way she practices her faith in her life. No matter what situation she is in she seeks to find the wisdom that God wanted her to learn and practices what she preaches. 

Joy Tan-Chi Mendoza with her family


The author of the blog is Joy Tan-Chi Mendoza. I find her style of writing refreshing and insightful. I may not be a mom yet but she inspires my future self to be a mom that exudes joy and beauty inside and out. She gives practical and relevant advice to her readers as well as invites them to discover God for themselves and commit their lives to the Almighty Creator who cares for them. :)

And that ends this post, I hope you enjoyed my top 3 favorite blogs!

Have a great day ahead ^^,

TTFN!

~Di

No comments:

Post a Comment