10.01.2012

What is the Gospel?


The gospel translates to news that brings joy,
...not just any news...
...news that changes a life forever.

No longer slaves, your free.
The reality is that we are all slaves,
slaves to sin and slaves to death
slaves in need of good news.

Enter Jesus, God's Son
fully God, and fully man.
bringing news that would change
our lives forever



His news is this,
I am the divine come to you,
 to do what you can't do for yourself.
I will take what you deserve,
 so that you can have what I deserve
You have no idea how much it would cost me,
but you also cannot imagine the
depths of my love for you.

It is a gift I give freely

Repent.
Repent from all the ways that you've  run from me.

Follow me because I am the only way to eternal life
Because I am the Saviour you are looking for
  Because I have authority over everything
Yet I have humbled myself for you
Because I died on the cross for you.
Because I am your true love
and your true life.

This is my good news for you,

this the gospel...

that you 

have been saved by grace

and that

you are slaves

no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment