9.21.2012

Recycled T-Shirt Bracelet

recycled t-shirt knit bracelet
Time for another D.I.Y project. 

My officemate K came up with this idea. She came to me one day and was asking if I'd be interested in making a bracelet for her. She saw the design on Pinterest and thought that I could maybe figure it out and make one for her.  And so the project was on.


I found an old cotton shirt and cut it up into strips.

Old t-shirt to be recycled

Then I sewed the strips together to form a string. Then I proceeded to braid it onto my hands. You can try searching finger knitting or just go to the link below for the tutorial.

http://www.vanessachristenson.com/2011/03/v-and-co-how-to-jersey-knit-bracelet.html

I tried the two finger knit for this one.

Voila!

My version of the Jersey Knitt Bracelet. :) I also double use it as a hair pony as the material is stretchy enough

Recycled T-Shrit Bracelet

I also tried the 6 stranded braided bracelet, also called jewelry cuff using aqua blue and sapphire blue shirt scraps.

Why don't you try it out and see what you can come up with. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment